Mixed Media Card Challenge #15

Tuesday, September 1, 2015


I'm here with the September Mixed Media Card Challenge.  Can you believe it's the first of September? Where did the summer go?

Here's our challenge for the month:


I'm not much of a ribbon person, so no optional element for this girl :)  

The challenges run from the 1st to the 25th of each month, with the winners announced on the last day of the month.  To play along, simply create a mixed media card and enter it at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.  Be sure to check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team!  So much inspiration!

New to mixed media?  Simply combine two or more mediums on your card.  So many choices: watercolor, gesso, acrylics, distress inks, pencils, crayons, Copics, other inks and on and on...

My card starts with some mixed media paper that's been prepped with gesso.  Next I used some light modelling paste through my Old Rose Prints stencil.  When that was dry, I stamped the text stamp from Mixed Media Grunge on top of some of the roses.  Then comes a couple of colors of acrylic paint and some glitter.  

Here's what I used:
Paper:  mixed media, vellum and Neenah Solar White
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Mixed Media Grunge and Rosebuds (The Bee's Knees)
Ink:  Jet Black and Magenta Hue Archival inks
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations Old Rose Prints stencil, light modelling paste, spatula, acrylic paints, glass glitter, soft matte gel

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


10 comments

  1. wonderful textures and colors on this Lee-Anne! love the stenciled background and the text stamped over the roses! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, Lee-Anne. This is gorgeous! I love it. The colors and textures are beautiful. I think you could play this over at SSS Monday's: Trio of Colors. I love the vellum sentiment strip too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the techniques and the effect you created Lee-ann - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background is insane! So much depth and color. This is a GORGEOUS card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is insane! So much depth and color. This is a GORGEOUS card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Lee-Anne! The stencil is just gorgeous and I adore the painting, so amazing!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly fabulous in every way, the wrapped vellum is AMAZING! Love the sentiment and this cool background you've created! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning. Love the background and the play of colours. Thank you for joining MMCC with this gorgeous creation

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!