Embrace Life

Wednesday, July 22, 2015


Just a quick reminder for the Mixed Media Card Challenge for July!

After covering my card base with clear gesso I did lots of background stamping with several STAMPlorations stamps.  I've used three different colors of archival inks.  Next came some heavy gesso through the ARTplorations X Marks the Spot stencil.  For more texture, I randomly added more of the heavy gesso with a spatula.

I used some Primary Elements Artist Pigment with water and a brush to add some color to the background.  The I added some microbeads with some gel medium for a bit of sparkle (you'll have to pretend you see this ok?).  I stamped the flowers and then did some messy watercoloring on them. The vase is a simple die cut that's been popped up on some foam adhesive.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor, misc. black and Neenah Solar White
Ink: Archival in Watering Can, Jet Black and Forget Me Not
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Rosebuds from The Bee's Knees, Trendy Butterflies and Noteworthy
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations X Marks the Spot stencil, clear gesso, heavy gesso, gel medium, Primary Elements Artist Pigment, distress markers, Finnabair microbeads, spatula, vase die, foam adhesive

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

3 comments

  1. What a wonderful background you created! Great contrast with the stark black vase! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing background Lee-Anne. LOVE the texture from the layers of gesso. And I can see the microbeads! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, this way too much, Lee-Anne! Mouth hanging open because that background is just gorgeously textured!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!